This position is a contract to hire, fully remote full-time position for candidates in Latin America.
*Resume must demonstrate English ability
Must be within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezone (NYC)
Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our awesome multi-disciplinary team. We build data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains.
Your primary focus will be architecting and developing systems that include data ingestion, data processing, algorithm development, and ML model development & deployment for Recommendation Systems. Major technologies involved include AWS, Azure, Python 3, Spark, Pandas, Tensorflow. The ideal candidate for this position has a mixture of experience in Machine Learning model development, Cloud Engineering, and Data Engineering.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- At least 6 years of experience in an ML senior engineer or technical lead role.
- Experience with SageMaker required and experience with other AWS tools preferred (S3, Lambda, Redshift)
- Experience developing and designing scalable distributed systems with a deep understanding of object-oriented design, modern program languages, and design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, data scientists, analysts, and business stakeholders.
- Experience developing and designing recommendation systems and production quality ML models for real-time decisions is a plus.
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- Experience distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity, and competing objectives.
- Architecting, building, and maintaining modern, scalable data architectures on AWS
- Building resilient ETL pipelines using workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow, Prefect, Luigi
- Data exploration, analysis, and reporting with an eye towards developing a narrative using Notebooks.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following specializations: Recommenders, NLP, pattern detection, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, and optimization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced experience in Python with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in Amazon AWS/Azure, DevOps, and Automation (Cloudformation)
- Experience with distributed machine learning using tools like Dask, Tensorflow, Kubernetes, Airflow, Kubeflow.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
About Blue Orange Digital
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We are an AWS partner and work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers and team members. We’re headquartered in NYC and DC with additional remote engineers across the US.