Sr. Data Scientist at Tuft & Needle (Phoenix, AZ)
In 2012, Tuft & Needle(tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
As a Data Scientist, you'll be an important part of the company's decision-making process. You will help us understand how things are related to each other, which approaches are working, and which aren't. You'll also help us maintain our data-infrastructure. This includes our reporting and data management, as well as automated statistical and machine learning tools.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping - and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
*Open to remote opportunity
- Write programs to automate analyses and data wrangling
- Build machine learning models to forecast and understand customer behavior
- Maintain and improve reporting in Looker, Metabase, and R
- Explain analyses and discoveries with articles and presentations
- Strong knowledge of statistics and inference
- 2+ years writing and maintaining code
- 2+ years working with SQL
- Experience communicating statistical concepts to a broad audience
- Programming in R and/or Python
- Managing and organizing a large codebase
- Experience with Bayesian Methods
- Deep experience in some part of statistics (Ex: time series analysis, experimental design, multivariate analysis, natural language processing, etc.)
- Interest in functional style programming
- Interest in causal inference
YOU CAN SLEEP BETTER WHEN YOU WORK AT T&N
Our people – You will be working alongside some of the most talented, supportive, savvy individuals out there… people we are so proud to work with. Together, we are shaking things up in the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients that they would never expect.
Our product – Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits - We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents, paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let the company know you found this position on remoteaijobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote AI/ML jobs