Software Engineer Research (Machine Learning) at GrammaTech, Inc.
Exciting opportunity to work on significantly advancing the state-of-the-art in cybersecurity tools! Our effort is addressing an outstanding software security hole, through novel applications of machine learning.
We have offices in Ithaca, NY, Bethesda, MD, and Madison, WI — but will consider remote employees when there is a strong match of skills and experience.
Under guidance of a principal investigator (PI), a software engineer on a research project will implement innovative prototypes to explore new approaches to problems in software security. A research-oriented software engineer is expected to:
- Study and implement approaches drawn from academic literature or in-house design.
- Evaluate the resulting prototype implementation to test its value in addressing the research goals.
- Report results to the PI and respond by adapting the prototype to better address research goals.
- Contribute to presentations and written reports that keep research sponsors up to date on project progress.
- Prepare prototypes for demonstrations and evaluations by research sponsors.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Three (3) years or more of industry experience.
- Significant experience with applying machine learning techniques such as artificial neural networks, support vector machines, and cluster analysis to different problem domains.
- Experience with implementing robust software using open source machine learning frameworks such as keras, scikit-learn, gensim. Such experience is expected to be in projects that are beyond standard coursework.
- Ability to read advanced machine learning publications, and to judge and implement the key ideas.
- Advanced software application development skills in Python and C++.
- Thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience with machine code (x86, x64, ARM).
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity domain.
- Knowledge of containerization, orchestration, and deployment (docker, Kubernetes, AWS).
Please let the company know you found this position on remoteaijobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote AI/ML jobs