Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You know how to take ideas, optimize them, and push it into production code using Python.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work remotely with experience in Software Development to join us in the Sourcing Automation group in order to analyse, design and implement machine learning algorithms for systems that provide recommendations to source carriers, and that optimize margins of carrier prices.
- Model predictive techniques to a variety of logistic problems
- Develop new (and improve existing) machine learning algorithms
- Implement, release, and then maintain the algorithms running in production
- Analyse metrics and look for sourcing improvement opportunities
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- Experience in modeling and implementing predictive algorithms (either from scratch or by having used libraries / frameworks);
- Conducting experiments in production, and evaluating its results;
- Performing exploratory data analysis.
- You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Curiosity. You are keen on learning new methodologies, technologies and tools; also, on evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions; always eager to learn more. But you are also pragmatic.
- MS or PhD in a technical discipline would be cool, but it is not mandatory.
Nice-to-have (not required) qualifications:
- Professional experience as a software developer;
- Software development skills in Python (or other programming languages), databases (such as PostgreSQL) and REST APIs;
- Software design, object-oriented programming, SOLID principles;
- Automated testing, unit / integration tests, test-driven development.