What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we’re proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we’ve been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon.
Our reach is wide: we’re happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We're looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Sweden, Canada and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that are not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers’ love!
About the job
As the Data Scientist you will be responsible to analyze large amounts of raw information and find patterns that will help improve Tempo’s continued growth. You will be called to define, analyze, report and advise on strategic operational trends across the company, while developing durable and scalable reporting and analytical data and predictive models. You will also work closely with our Data Engineering team to ensure the integrity of the analytical and consumption layer of our data pipeline. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for data wrangling, data modelling, analysis, math and statistics, while applying best practices in data mining and machine learning.
The role involves
- Working with internal stakeholders to develop, execute, and test different growth experiments that have a significant impact on conversion across all funnels (acquisition, activation, retention, engagement, and monetization)
- Developing advanced analytics models and deploying them seamlessly into our operations
- Administering our machine learning platform, including curation and model maintenance
- Being accountable for the availability and delivery of our operational and analytical data pipelines
- Collaboration with the Enterprise Data Architecture team to identify new data sources, and transforming them into reusable data models
- Analyze diverse sources of data to devise actionable insights
- Capturing, organizing and prioritizing end user requirements and translating them into novel analytical insights
- Converting insights into a story-telling format for all audiences
- Developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning corporate data
- Helping define and maintain a durable information delivery structure and process
- Participating in the continuous improvement of decision-making processes within the analytics team
- Performing various tasks on a daily basis at the request of the Director of Business Intelligence
The Ideal Candidate
- Has at a minimum a Master’s degree in a quantitative field, preferably in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or Artificial Intelligence
- Has at least 5 years of relevant experience in machine learning, advanced analytics, and delivering production-grade predictive models
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleansing and mining semi-structured big data, and converting them into analytic and reporting data schemas
- Is experienced using Python, R, SAS, or SPSS
- Has experience using data science and machine learning platforms such as Databricks, Alteryx, Microsoft Azure Synapse, GCP, AWS, H20.ai, or IBM Watson
- Experience in big data repositories such as AWS S3, Google BigTable, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience using analytical data warehouses such as RedShift, BigQuery, and Snowflake
- Is proficient in visualizing and presenting insights using Power BI, Data Studio, Tableau, R Shiny, Plotly, or MatPlotLib
- Has experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, BigQuery, etc.
- Is intimately familiar with the CRISP-DM methodology
- Can demonstrate experience in data mining themes such as classification, regression, association rule learning, clustering, anomaly detection, sequential pattern learning, time series forecasting, A/B testing, etc.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with a SaaS software company is a strong asset
- Can clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Can work independently and prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner, with minimal direction
- Hitting the ground running, confidently able to draw immediate insights and make recommendations on further improving corporate performance
- A proven work ethic that drives the desired results, with an excellent business acumen and excellent project management skills
- Collaborating effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards
What's In It For You
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada and Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Come and join our amazing & high-performing Business Intelligence team!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only!