Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 700 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices.
ABOUT THE DIGITAL INNOVATION TEAM
The Digital Innovation Team is responsible for researching and developing smart digital solutions to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Sustainalytics products and processes. The team operates as part of Sustainalytics’ Information and Communication Technology Team.
The main goals of the Digital Innovation Team are:
- Research and Development of information acquisition, normalization, and analytics solutions, using information retrieval, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and digital curation technologies;
- Incorporation of the existing solutions into the company workflows;
- Servicing the information acquisition, extraction, and analytics needs of internal and external clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES
You will work with a team of talented and results oriented individuals and take part in the constant development and improvement of smart digital capacities of artificial intelligence, machine learning, information acquisition, and digital curation. You will focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning, and ontological engineering: In particular, you will be responsible for the following:
- Text processing - NLP (tokenization, POS tagging, TFIDF, LSA);
- Classic ML approaches (classification with SVM, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression);
- Modern ML approaches (neural networks – feedforward, recurrent and transformers);
- Language Modelling (n-gram estimation using neural networks, vector embeddings, sequence-to-sequence models);
- Have full mastery/knowledge of other solutions and products existing in the field of expertise; act as an industry/academic expert.
- Undergraduate education in (either) AI, machine learning, computer science, data analytics, information systems, information science, cybernetics, applied mathematics, computational linguistics;
- Three years or experience in research, developing and/or implementing machine learning solutions in information retrieval/analytics environment;
- Demonstrable experience of a high-level general language programming language (Python or similar);
- Familiar with packages such as scikit-learn/Pandas/PyTorch/huggingface;
- Previous work experience in natural language processing;
- Familiar with cloud computing (AWS or Azure);
- Hands on experience running machine learning models on GPU (CUDA) constitutes an advantage;
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.