Our mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we're looking for a senior data scientist with NLP experience ready to work on hard problems, drive best practice and cultivate an environment of experimentation and learning.
Companies can leverage data science in a number of ways, and we think the role of a Data Scientist falls into three distinct categories:
1) You work for a business function analysing & reporting on how to improve a key metric, e.g increasing user conversion
2) You are responsible for writing production models to enhance the main product, e.g recommendation systems for e-commerce
3) You build the product - without machine learning, it wouldn't exist
The Data Science team built the product at Tessian. We couldn't exist without our machine learning models; they are at the heart of what we do, and they are what our clients rely on day-to-day. We're searching for a Senior Data Scientist who is excited about the opportunities and challenges that come with researching, building and deploying real-time production models.
On a day to day basis you'll get to
- Work across massive enterprise email datasets
- Train and deploy models to production that impacts directly our customers and products
- Improve our ML workflow
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product Team to enhance our products.
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
We'd love to meet someone who
- 3+ years Data Science experience
- Can balance longer term projects alongside impactful quick wins
- Cares deeply about the impact their team has
- Is creative at heart, and can encourage novel ways of thinking in their team. This has always been a core part of the data science team’s DNA
- Reads Rules of Machine Learning - Martin Zinkevich and it resonates with how they think about machine learning and data science
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Takes responsibility for delivering large projects that require collaboration from start to finish
- Has strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
For summer 2021, we’re excited to announce what we call "Refreshian Summer" - where every single Tessian will be able to down tools at 1pm every Friday in July & August, and enjoy a long weekend during the sunniest months of the year!
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we get together to share team updates and drinks
- Monthly team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.