Senior Machine Learning Engineer
100% Remote (U.S. Based)
A Little Bit About StyleSeat:
At StyleSeat, our mission is to help people look and feel their best. We are on the path to achieving this mission by being the go-to, SaaS-enabled, Beauty Marketplace for members to discover, book, and pay for beauty and grooming services (hair stylists, colorists, nail artists, estheticians, barbers, etc). We are also the premier solution for all independent professionals in the industry to run and grow their business. We have powered over 120 million appointments booked and $10B in revenue for small businesses and are on the path to much more.
Our leaders are just as involved in the day-to-day objectives, as they are with mentoring their team to make StyleSeat the very best place to work. We have a strong, value-based culture that serves our community, gives every individual employee ownership, and is an ever-increasing diverse team of true collaborators.
In Your New Role:
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer role at StyleSeat is responsible for working cross-functionally with Full Stack Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Scientists to develop a state of the art Machine Learning Platform which would include system design, technology evaluation, prototyping, implementation of a suite of new microservices-based APIs, and the training of team members as we move to a more modular, microservice architecture.
What you’ll be responsible for:
You will build a flexible and scalable Machine Learning Platform to ingest, analyze, enrich, and transform petabytes of data, then activate that data to enable fine-grained, targeted marketing and actionable insights to the Beauty Professionals and Consumers who use our product and services. The business goal is to further enable: Journey Building, Email Marketing, Data Management, Mobile Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Automation, Omni-Channel Interactions, and Campaign Management.
What you can bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience creating Machine Learning Platforms, scalable APIs, and delivering Backend Services
- Collect and curate data, train deep learning models, optimize them and deploy them on multiple platforms
- Build and maintain a robust library of reusable algorithms and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs
- Experience directing requirements, designing, and implementing a Machine Learning Platform, which consumes mobile, social, click-stream, and other data, and then feeding this data into a Big Data & Machine Learning strategy
- Strong familiarity with at least one modern web application framework (e.g. Django, Rails, or similar), as well as experience working with SQL, Caching, and Messaging Queues
- Experience working with Python, Flask, MySQL, and Redis, as well as introducing other technologies when needed
- General understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience working at "web scale", and providing evolving, always-available services to unbounded user communities
- Experience scaling software as part of a high-growth company