AssemblyAI (www.assemblyai.com) is the #1 rated API for Speech Recognition. Thousands of developers use our APIs to transcribe millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day - powering innovative products like visual voicemail, meeting summarizers, and closed captioning.
We're backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, Daniel Gross, and Nat Friedman. We were founded in 2017.
Our ASR models outperform big tech companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft. That being said, there's still a lot of work to do to match human level accuracy. Our Deep Learning team is a tight knit group of creative researchers and engineers, who are not afraid to try unconventional ideas. In this role, you'll:
- Work with large scale datasets to research and train Deep Learning models for Speech Recognition
- Conduct research and experiments in order to improve accuracy of Deep Learning ASR pipelines like CTC, LAS and RNN-Ts
- Dig into weaknesses and failure points of our current ASR models, in order to identify further areas for improvement
- Work with the broader Speech Recognition team to publish papers on novel findings
- Continually push the State of the Art in Speech Recognition to get to human level performance
- Competitive salary + equity
- Platinum healthcare (100% covered)
- Dental care
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% remote team
- 2-3 in-person annual team retreats
- $1k budget for home office equipment